Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-03-2020, 04:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 04:24 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Not Dipo, not Buddy, but OPJ.

Same deal as the other two players discussed. A one-year audition. 

To be clear, I don't think the Mavs have to do any of these deals, but if forced to choose one, I'd place both OPJ and Gordon Hayward ahead of Oladipo on my list.

(10-03-2020, 04:29 PM)cow Wrote: For fun:  Powell + Wright + Jackson works for OPJ.

THIS is a deal I'd make. I don't see why Chicago does it, but then again, I didn't see KP being so cheap, either. 

I don't see ANY of these players making the team substantially better in ONE SWING, so I'm not falling in love with any of them to the point where I'm moving too much to get them. The above deal dumps Powell and Wright's contracts and includes a player who's not in the rotation. Of course you make that deal. I'd probably add a pick, if I had to. But I DON'T make that deal expecting OPJ to be the "missing piece" so I'd damn well better have a multi step plan in place that's not destroyed by this decision.

I'd give up 18+31 and not think twice about it.  That's coming from me, the co-founder of the Powell fan club and OPJ hater club.  Chicago still says no.  Even if they want off of OPJ's 28M this year, they'd inherit 22M of Powell in '22/'23, 8.5M of Wright in '22.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by cow - 10-03-2020, 04:38 PM