Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-03-2020, 03:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 03:40 PM)omahen Wrote: So how can you consider this as lower risk compared to Oladipo?

I am saying based on what assets I think you have to give to get them. 

I think Dipo empties the cupboard and then likely loses his own "asset" value. 

I think Buddy is at least an asset as a PROVEN NBA floor spacer and high volume three point shooter. And you have to give up less to get him more than likely.

The problem is that Buddy is entering a 4YR 100M extension.  *ALERT* Vlade gave him that contract *ALERT*

The ceiling for his defensive side of the floor is average.  Can you put enough defensive minded players around he and Luka to have a top 15 defense?  Not sure.

He'd give you an offensive punch and could probably average 20-22 points per game where Dipo and THJ are going to be 15-18.  Buddy is a defensive liability. Dipo is at least an average defender. THJ tries hard so I'd rank him above Budy.

The plus side is that you know what he costs, his contract numbers lessen as the years progress and like you said, he can probably be had for less assets than Dipo.  Dipo probably costs you more if you want to resign him. 

THJ would be the least expensive option moving forward so we should keep that door open if other options don't present themselves.

If Buddy doesn't mesh with Carlisle, how easy is that contract to move?  Can you return anything of value or are we dumping him like we did Harry?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by cow - 10-03-2020, 03:57 PM