Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-03-2020, 03:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think Dipo empties the cupboard and then likely loses his own "asset" value. 

Of course you only trade for him, if you think he can become what he was. If not, their is no point trading for him. But there is no better point to trade for him than now. He will never be cheaper (or it will be proven he is not good anymore). I think there is a better chance he can returns to what he was than not. I am sure Mavs staff will be able to look at everything much more closely and make a much more educated decision.

(10-03-2020, 03:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think Buddy is at least an asset as a PROVEN NBA floor spacer and high volume three point shooter. And you have to give up less to get him more than likely.

With Buddy, you give up your flexibility, which is a lot. And I don't think he really brings us closer to contention status. We need to add two tough defenders in the starting five for that. If we find out he is not our solution, we will still have to pay our assets to improve him. We will basically come to the same situation as if we traded for Dipo now.

Plus, since we are valuing bad stretches so much - Buddy was just awful in the bubble.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by omahen - 10-03-2020, 03:56 PM