Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-03-2020, 03:34 PM)omahen Wrote: You are seriously downplaying Oladipo. While he is not the best first banana, he can be an excellent third banana and certainly much better third banana than THJ. While THJ had a good season offensively, he is not what we need defensively. Dipo can be. The only question with Dipo is if he can stay healthy. Getting him now certainly improves possibility to keep him in 2021.

I guess Dipo just has too many red flags for me to want to invest in (one great season, one serious injury and he seems to need to be ball dominant).  I also don't see THJ as the future either so this isn't a THJ vs Dipo situation.  I think he's been a great Maverick and has at the very least exceeded everyone's expectations of what were getting with him being part of the tax for KP.   You have to give him, Carlisle, his dad and his teammates a lot of credit for what he's done in Dallas.  That said, I'd never offer him a contract for the money he's making now.  I'd be comfortable with him a the 10-12M per year range but that's probably too much of a haircut for him.  I'm fine if he walks and will wish him the best.  I've definitely become of fan of his.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by cow - 10-03-2020, 03:42 PM