Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-03-2020, 03:19 PM)cow Wrote: I agree that THJ is in the perfect spot.  I'm also confident that he and his father understand this, but you are also talking about generational wealth with these contracts so that complicates matters and it's hard to criticize someone for taking a huge contract if offered even if the fit is a mismatch.

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize your comment was so financially focused. YES, I absolutely agree that should another team choose to make THJ an offer that represents a bigger role, he'll have to take it. I don't think that will happen, however. I think ATL and NYK were his chances to be that guy. 

It's also possible that another team will view him the same way the Mavs do and simply want him a little more. I'm not worried about that, either, as I don't necessarily view retaining THJ long term as the Mavs' end goal here. I think it's a possibility, but not required to convince me that having him around next season is the right move.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 10-03-2020, 03:35 PM