Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-03-2020, 03:07 PM)cow Wrote: He's great in that 3rd banana role and can supplement as a 2nd banana from time to time, but when he needs to do too much is when you start regretting his contract.  Most smart fans and front offices know this.  I just wonder if he does.

Yeah, that's a good question.

I think there's pretty ample evidence that he (and his father) understand how fortunate he is to be in this situation with a good organization next to a superstar who takes all the pressure off. 

This is why, despite Kamm making a decent point bringing up the possibility of his shooting effectiveness being an outlier, I don't worry about that, so much. I see a player in the process of adapting to a new role, taking a back seat in the offense for literally the first time in his life, and beginning to flourish in that role. 

I don't think there's any way his father, who was the real deal as an NBA star, could possibly allow his son to have any illusions about ever again getting chance to be an All Star type. If I'm THS, I'm trying to advise THJ in a way that gives him the best chance to maintain a career in the league. The next contracts will be smaller, but there COULD be 2-3 more of them. The door isn't closed on that path yet. 

To do that, he has to be a threat on the catch (BIG check there) and keep working to become a plus on the defensive side of the ball (that's the risk with him, but I can see it).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 10-03-2020, 03:14 PM