Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
The perception of fans that their team's players (who they watch consistently enough to be frustrated with) aren't as good as other teams' players (who they don't watch very often at all, but have heard of and seen highlights of) is a predictable phenomenon, and universal among all fan bases. 

Not that these guys are the end-all-be-all of sports knowledge, but if the Mavs were to make a deal replacing THJ for Oladipo, get ready for most of the national guys who understand the NBA (Simmons, Russillo, Lowe, Duncan, etc) to HATE it. Nationally, very few people have had anything good to say about Oladipo lately. He's viewed as a problem for Indiana, and not because they think he's leaving, but because they don't think he's a very good player. This is a guy living in fans' heads on reputation. 

Having said that, there IS a possibility that he gets over his injuries and starts getting better again, resuming the upward path he appeared to be on a couple of seasons ago. But in that case, can't the Mavs simply bid on him in FA? For me, there's just too much risk involved in this one, and not enough reward. I'd like to see him spend some time NOT being one of the worst players in the Pacers' rotation before I give something up for him, personally.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 10-03-2020, 03:00 PM