Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-03-2020, 02:39 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think y'all are just way too low on Dipo. Played 19 games + playoffs. Every move has risk/reward. Pre-injury he was a back-to-back all-star. MBT wants a big 3 and Dipo represents an opportunity to make that happen this offseason. 

Again I don't want to give up our nice assets but you can't put the cart before the horse. If we need a big 3 to contend (it's an argument but I would lean towards yes) then you have to be willing to give up smaller pieces to get that 3rd foundational piece.

Will the Mavs try to make a big splash this offseason? I am really not sure. I think they are hesitant to trade their assets bc they believe they can get a star played in 2021 "for free" (ie cap space only).

You've correctly identified the issue: Is Oladipo a 3rd, foundational piece? Would Oladipo even be "a big splash?"

You think he IS, so I understand why you're in favor. If you're correct, it's a good move, depending on what it takes to trade for him. 

I think he's NOT. I think there's a decent chance that Hardaway Jr is actually a better player than Oladipo next season.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 10-03-2020, 02:43 PM