Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Ok, I'm not saying Oladipo is a bad move, necessarily. 

Read this part twice, however: He is not the defender you remember him being, post injury (so far). He's not nearly as good on that end as DFS, for example.

The people here who are railing against THJ's defense are very likely to feel almost exactly the same way about Dipo next year, should the Mavs acquire him. 

Yes, it's a relatively low risk move, as it allows you to maintain your path to 2021 cap space, but the people in favor of the deal who are pointing that out don't REALLY believe that's going to happen, imo. They're simply trying to logically argue in favor of a move they like. Deep down, they subconsciously feel they'd be acquiring 2017-18 Oladipo, and that's not true. 

If being underwhelmed by what Oladipo brings to the table ( the most likely eventuality) leads to letting him expire for space, can someone explain to me why the Mavs should give Kleber and a pick (or TWO?!?!?!) for the privilege of doing something they can ALREADY do, simply by letting THJ expire? 

Now, if the Pacers like Powell and are willing to take HIM? Now, we can have a conversation. 

Just the way I see it.

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/n...de-rumors/

"Injuries, though, limited Oladipo to 36 games in 2018-19 and only 19 games this season. By the time the NBA season resumed in the Orlando bubble, Oladipo was often the third guard in the Indiana rotation after Malcolm Brogdon and TJ Warren."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 10-03-2020, 12:39 PM