Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-03-2020, 07:21 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: In terms of Dallas, I suspect they would ask for Maxi...a good fit next to Sabonis if Turner is traded elsewhere.  We'd have to fill in with some additional salary (Wright or Curry) and our pick?  Getting him (and his Bird rights) a year early would be a Dallas move.  Dipo's agent also represents DJjr BTW, so a larger offer for him might grease the wheels a bit in terms of Dipo staying in 2021. 

Bottom line, expect to give up something you don't want to (Maxi) to get Dipo.  If he doesn't work out, you've removed some salary from the 2021 cap, so actually not that bad even if it doesn't work.

What I personally would be unwilling to do is give up on THIS draft for Dipo. Sending out other players who would potentially clear the books later is fine (even if they are talented). But giving up on getting talent on rookie contracts I am not willing to give up for the 10% chance that Dipo can be an efficient star again.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Kammrath - 10-03-2020, 12:12 PM