Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Watching some Oladipo highlights from the playoffs, ya he's rusty but I am not seeing anything that tells me he's lost his athleticism. I think teams are not going to be worried ab that and will line up good offers. To me the fact that he is expiring dampens his value more than injury/rustiness.

If you are the Wolves for example are you going to give up assets for a 1 year rental of Oladipo, knowing he wants to be on a contender and/or in a big market? I think those types will not be in the running for a serious offer.

Mavs on the other hand have a risk profile where they could go in pretty hard for Dipo knowing they have can easily reboot in 2021 if it doesn't work out. As long as you have KP/Luka + cap space as your base you are in good shape. As much as I love our role guys on value contracts, you can replace those guys.

Expect big swings from western conference teams. You already have the Lakers who will be the favorite to come out of the West again. They could make smaller moves and get better but they also have the ability for a decent move moving Kuzma + filler for some kind of upgrade.

Clippers again will be really good and have the ability for a big swing.

Warriors should be a top 3 favorite and have the ability for a major move on top of bringing back their 3 all-stars.

Other teams have a chance to get better. I think Mavs are good enough to be a playoff team on the strength of the foundation we have but if you want to make a swing towards contender status Oladipo is the type of move that could get you there.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 10-03-2020, 11:58 AM