Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
So @KL when I see ball-handler I think more like a guard. I think the Mavs would be perfectly happy with a star wing but I take your point that most stars are playmakers. Mavs were big on Khris Middleton who is an all-star player who can make plays but isn't a high usage Kemba type ball-handling guard. He can do a lot of off-ball stuff, defend and make plays when called upon.

I guess I was interpreting people's comments as needing a guard who handles the ball a lot and so that's where my opinion differs.

The other thing is I don't want to draw too many conclusions from games in the Mavs/Clippers series where KP wasn't playing. Mavs played the Clippers in 6 games and KP was played in 3 of those games. Trying to glean too much from the other 3 games to me is difficult. We obviously are not going anywhere without our 2 best players so in terms of how guys were used where I don't put a lot of stock in the final 3 games.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 10-01-2020, 12:02 PM