Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-30-2020, 06:51 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I’ll stay out of the trade Brunson discussion (mostly) and just point out that the Mav’s seem/seemed very interested putting a ball handler next to Luka in the starting lineup.  The Kemba thing was real.  I believe, but can’t substantiate that they were interested in Beverly.  And, I think they had Wright slotted as a starter.  None of that is to discount Brunson.  He’s pretty good at his role, but it appears it is a limited minutes role on a team with Luka, a starting ball handler and Curry.  

Of course, they weren’t any better than most of us at understanding what they really had and how it would fit together.  The Wright experiment failed.  They were wrong about THJ off the bench.  What complicates looking forward is whether they see their ideal as THJ/DFS as a 2/3 combo or a 3/4 combo.  If the former, a Power Wing might start (Grant) or a roll man.  If the latter, then that means they still want a ball handler next to Luka (and it would be nice if that ball handler could handle on the ball D and off the ball O too).  There are times I wonder if they don’t need six starters as the answer to my question might be “yes”.

GREATNESS. MVP.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-30-2020, 07:07 PM