Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-30-2020, 01:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 12:57 PM)cow Wrote: Mostly where I'm at and why I regret my 18+31+Brunson idea.  I'm not a huge Brunson fan mostly due to size and athleticism but at least you know what you have in him (a rock solid bench PG) and it seems like most guys in this draft (in our range) are destined to be just that.  I'm not sure what a shallow draft does for the value of the 31st pick but I'm thinking you just take two lottery tickets instead of one.

I see where you're coming from. I'm pretty solid in the "Brunson is a solid piece camp with potential for more".

I was a little disappointed for his 2nd year growth, in that I didn't see much of it. He also didn't mesh that well being off-ball to Luka, but I do felt he was a solid presence for the 2nd unit. A MUCH better one than Wright. I felt we sorely missed Brunson in the playoffs.

I just don't see why we would trade a bird in the hand for the off chance of 2 in the bush. Especially when there is a wide consensus that the "bush" is pretty empty. Just my opinion.

I'm 41, can't shoot and cant dribble and I'd be more productive than Wright.

If we can resign Burke, I think that makes Brunson expendable.  I'm just not sure what he is worth and who would want him.  And if you are bundling your draft assets with him, you better be sure you are getting a day one rotational player which seems like an awfully big crap shoot this draft.

I really like Nesmith but not enough to put all my trade assets into his basket.  There are other sharp shooters in this draft and probably ones that could be had at 18 or 18+31 without sacrificing Brunson.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by cow - 09-30-2020, 01:08 PM