Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-30-2020, 12:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't see why we would spend a mountain of assets to move up in this shallow draft. The only consensus about this draft is that there really isn't that much of a difference 1-15 and most prospects aren't NBA ready. 

Obviously some look better than others, but overall every single top 10 prospect in this draft would barely crack the lottery of past drafts (17,18,19 to name a few). 

Mavs should only be moving 18+31 if it nets them a day 1 rotation piece that can start. Anything else would be a HUGE gamble on a shaky prospect coming and being ready to play a heavy role on a playoff team.

Mostly where I'm at and why I regret my 18+31+Brunson idea.  I'm not a huge Brunson fan mostly due to size and athleticism but at least you know what you have in him (a rock solid bench PG) and it seems like most guys in this draft (in our range) are destined to be just that.  I'm not sure what a shallow draft does for the value of the 31st pick but I'm thinking you just take two lottery tickets instead of one.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by cow - 09-30-2020, 12:57 PM