Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-30-2020, 11:46 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: So once Wright is out of the mix I bet Brunson locks down his position. And I disagree with @"Scott41theMavs" and any others that would think we'd get much back for Brunson. Sure we could trade him but what are we going to get back that's better than Brunson? He is not valued enough to get us anything better than what we already have.

I picture Brunson as the Mavs long-term Barea replacement. He's underrated, I just like his game a lot. He is underrated because he's not athletic but he's just a baller.

Agree that he's going to have a solid and important role here.

Agree that he's underrated, and will be a fine pro for a long time. Probably not as good as Barea, but it's certainly possible.

Agree that the Mavs might have the highest opinion of him in the league. 

But...I CAN see how a few teams might VALUE him more than what he's worth to the Mavs, specifically because I think so highly of him. I can easily see how a team in the market for a bench guard who could play on ball might think he can play 25 minutes per game for them, whereas in Dallas, he really can't do that. 

Then again, he is obviously very smart, so maybe he improves his off-ball offense. If so, maybe he gets more minutes here, eventually.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-30-2020, 11:57 AM