Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-30-2020, 10:14 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: The thing with Brunson is he's worth much more to the Mavs. Good player with high floor and decent ceiling (borderline starter?). His minutes and place in the rotation were all over the place for whatever reason. I think this year he gets a more defined role in the rotation. If the Mavs were to trade him they would get very little in return so why do it?

What? 1) He is a very good young player on a value contract. It makes no sense to say he has no value to other teams. 2) I have said repeatedly, and several have concurred, that Luka and Brunson don't look good together on the court. Brunson looks great when Luka is out. What are you gonna do, sit Luka????

What I'm saying is, Brunson absolutely has much more value to the Mavs as a trade chip than he does on court. He is their most valuable trade sweetener - more valuable than #18 because he's a proven player, more value than '25 because that will be a low pick. If he's not worth more to other teams than to the Mavs, then we're in deep doo, because there's nothing we're conceivably going to get of value in trade without parting with KP, which I'd generally prefer not to do.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-30-2020, 10:55 AM