Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-29-2020, 07:31 PM)cow Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 06:45 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: We are going to turn down Hayward for THJ & Wright? Worst-case scenario we are dumping money. I can't imagine why anyone would not do that deal? I thought this board hated THJ. I am actually fairly pro-THJ but I would do this deal.

In that scenario, Boston is going to want more compensation.  Willing to do that deal if we have to add picks?  it also makes it so that your three best players are injury prone.

I probably wouldn't do it if I had to add picks unless the Mavs are super high on Hayward and envision keeping him. Hayward isn't injury prone, he had a freak injury. My issue with him is just that he doesn't give you much defensively. At any rate it's moot because I don't think Boston would do THJ for Hayward. They probably need a center more than they need another guard.

Regarding Seth, I really love Seth but if I could cash him in for a starter I'd have to at least consider it. I feel like there is a ceiling on his impact as a 6th man. I don't think the Mavs will trade him but for the right deal I might consider it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-30-2020, 08:15 AM