Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-29-2020, 06:48 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 06:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 06:29 PM)cow Wrote: I seem to be using the "I've never liked that guy" a lot lately but Hayward falls in that category before he became injury prone.  Am I bad person for wanting to stick with THJ over him?

Curry versus Josh Richardson is interesting.  Curry's elite skill (shooting) is superior to Josh's elite skill (defense).  I guess that's how I'd weigh it.
No, you're not a bad person for wanting THJ over Hayward. The bullies around here (looking at you, @"Kammrath" and @"Scott41theMavs") want you to be ashamed to admit that his shooting was a much needed component of the Mavs success this year, but you go ahead and fight the good fight. I'm right behind you. 

You make a good point about Curry vs. Richardson, and I'll take it one step further: a guard who another fan base wants to dump because he can't shoot probably doesn't fit in here.

I personally actually really like Hardaway's game. My issue with Hardaway is that he shouldn't be a starter but because of roster construction he is most effective there. 

I think he showed he could play very well with other players other than the Mavs starters in the bubble. I think his fit with certain bench guys is the primary issue. 

I still maintain THJ could be a very efficient 6th man and a 6th man candidate every year here.

Kind of disagree.  I think THJ works best as a 3rd banana.  Anytime he needs to do too much and create is when he faulters.  I think he needs to start to be effective.  I'm not opposed to upgrading him as his inconsistencies can be a little maddening but I don't think Hayward checks the right boxes.

(09-29-2020, 06:45 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: We are going to turn down Hayward for THJ & Wright? Worst-case scenario we are dumping money. I can't imagine why anyone would not do that deal? I thought this board hated THJ. I am actually fairly pro-THJ but I would do this deal.

In that scenario, Boston is going to want more compensation.  Willing to do that deal if we have to add picks?  it also makes it so that your three best players are injury prone.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by cow - 09-29-2020, 07:31 PM