Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-29-2020, 06:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 06:29 PM)cow Wrote: I seem to be using the "I've never liked that guy" a lot lately but Hayward falls in that category before he became injury prone.  Am I bad person for wanting to stick with THJ over him?

Curry versus Josh Richardson is interesting.  Curry's elite skill (shooting) is superior to Josh's elite skill (defense).  I guess that's how I'd weigh it.
No, you're not a bad person for wanting THJ over Hayward. The bullies around here (looking at you, @"Kammrath" and @"Scott41theMavs") want you to be ashamed to admit that his shooting was a much needed component of the Mavs success this year, but you go ahead and fight the good fight. I'm right behind you. 

You make a good point about Curry vs. Richardson, and I'll take it one step further: a guard who another fan base wants to dump because he can't shoot probably doesn't fit in here.

I personally actually really like Hardaway's game. My issue with Hardaway is that he shouldn't be a starter but because of roster construction he is most effective there. 

I think he showed he could play very well with other players other than the Mavs starters in the bubble. I think his fit with certain bench guys is the primary issue. 

I still maintain THJ could be a very efficient 6th man and a 6th man candidate every year here.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by cjeter24 - 09-29-2020, 06:48 PM