Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-29-2020, 04:09 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 04:07 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I would think THJ + #18, #31 gets you a seat at the Oladipo table. His upside is big, 2-time all-star wing next to Luka. Downside is he was slow getting back from injury and can walk after 1 yr.

I would give up picks and THJ but not our other assets since there's no guarantee that Oladipo would stay. The fact that he is expiring also means other teams might not give their best assets either.

I'm thinking the Mavs aren't going to have the ammo to outbid the other teams interested. Given the question marks around Oladipo, I'm good with that.

When I see this list of team names (Knicks, Suns, Raptors, Nets, Timberwolves) I am encouraged bc none of those teams can feel 100% confident Oladipo would stay. If Miami or one of the LA teams get Oladipo, you could imagine he would stay there for sure. If Oladipo goes to the Suns or Timberwolves or something he would have a good chance to bounce.

That just means to me that if it's teams like that and not contenders, then don't expect amazing offers for Oladipo. It could be a situation where you get like a young player with some upside and a pick. If that's the asking price then I think 2 picks + THJ looks pretty interesting to Indy. We will see. I don't know why the Bucks wouldn't be in the mix here with like Bledsoe + DiVincenzo. Time will tell who is really in the bidding.

(09-29-2020, 04:12 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: KP aint going anywhere with his injury history and contract.  You'd be lucky to get 50 cents on the dollar.  Mavs are married to him and his long term health.

If Boston offered Jaylen Brown for him, I'd say yes so quickly just to minimize risk.

I think KP still has a lot of value just bc the upside is so big. He is a great fit in our offense so it's really just ab his injury history. The Celtics have so many guards and wings they might have to consider a Brown/KP swap. I would at least consider it but doubt Mavs will do any kind of KP shopping.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-29-2020, 04:22 PM