Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Yo... thought I'd pop in and say hello. I don't have much time these days to come around too often. 

I just read through the last few days of posts here... As far as guys like Trez are concerned, I don't hate them but why are we settling for guys like that? In any other free agency year, guys like that would be so far down the list. It's just super weak this year. 
That doesn't mean we should settle. 

I think the biggest issue tho with guys like that is they clearly aren't a long term starter. We got enough role guys. We need quality starters to fill out the rest of the team. 

And on Dipo... I get the health concerns, the contract concerns, fit concerns.... And I think that's a problem just about anywhere he'll be traded to. I don't think his trade value is really all that high. 1st rounder and a decent young prospect seems entirely reasonable when you consider those factors and the teams that would be possibly in on him. I don't think your really bad teams trade for him so it's playoff teams and that list is kind of small due to the list of teams that would have the need and space for him being pretty small.

I'm concerned about his fit more than anything based on his struggles with a ball dominant guard. That being said, if the price is right I'm very interested. There is a decent enough chance it could be a really nice fit. 

But I don't think this is the first guy we are going to see hit the trade block. Hayward is the other obvious one already being discussed. It's a matter of time for the Jrue rumors to start. Expiring deal, he isn't the future and I think his trade value is actually quite a bit more than Dipo. 

Harris or Horford I think have to be on the block in Philly. 
Any number of Milwaukee guys are on the table as I think they will be desperate to make some moves. 

I expect Lowry to get moved.... It's going to cost too much to run it back for the Raptors and they clearly need to rework the roster. Ibaka might be a guy worth looking at in a SNT deal. I'd much prefer him to Harrell. (not super excited about anyone like that tho).

Gordon seems to be definitely available in Orlando. 

The point in all that.... I think that one of these names is likely are big offseason move and then signing a guy to the MLE. 
I could see Millsap maybe going for that much and getting kicked to the curb by Denver to make room for Grant. (I also could see Harris or Barton being dealt btw)

I would not be surprised to see us deal both of our picks in a trade right before the draft either. 

I think Powell, Wright, Jackson and Brunson are the most likely current Mavs to not be on the team next year. The first 3 due to their contracts and being able to salary match while retaining THJ. And Brunson due to possible inclusion in a deal as an asset that is somewhat expendable. I don't think the Mavs look to move him. But if they trade for a guard, it would be logical he would have a decent chance to be sent back. 

Anyways... That's my thoughts on how I see the offseason as of now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by cjeter24 - 09-29-2020, 12:17 AM