Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-28-2020, 06:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I love all these trade scenarios that has Dallas shipping out the best player in the trade for at best a lateral replacement.

KP has the potential to be a top 8 NBA player who is elite at defense and has unlimited range. The only thing holding him back is his body and the injuries he's gotten were contact injuries. Any player can get injured at any time. It's apart of the game.

Mavs would be taking 2 steps back shipping KP out in any deal that doesn't have them getting back a multi-time-in-their-prime-all-star.

I mean Jalen Brown just finished a season as the 2nd or 3rd option on a team in the ECF. He averaged 20/6/2 in the regular season and 22/8/2 in the playoffs. He is also on of the best wing defenders in the league. He is 23 years old. Looks like a multiple time allstar in his prime to me.
I probably prefer KP because of his upside and unique skill set but it´s dishonest to act like his injuries are not concerning.

I am sorry for starting the entire conversation yesterday because it is not going to happen. There is no way that any team would be willing to give up as much for KP. I think we are greatly overrating his trade value around the league. It´s not like the Mavs gave up a lot to get him and even though they clearly robbed the Knicks I don`t think his trade value is in the AD range. Boston wasn´t willing to part with Smart, Brown and picks for AD. They certainly won´t do it for KP.

The on court value of a healthy KP is simply bigger than any trade value a currently injured KP could ever net in return.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by dirkfansince1998 - 09-28-2020, 07:41 PM