Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-28-2020, 02:40 PM)omahen Wrote: Take out Wright and Jackson and is probably best we can do outside of adding 2025 FRP. I don't think Indy has any use of our role players like Curry and Kleber, as they have bench full of them. Nevertheless, I would also consider Curry+Kleber+picks.

I wouldn't throw in our 2 most valuable role players for 1 year of Oladipo. Especially since we don't know how Dipo will actually be over an 82 game season. 

When I made my proposal, I assumed the offers for Oladipo would be relatively light. This is mostly because he suffered a potential career altering injury, where after his return he sitll doesn't look 100%. AND taking into account that he can leave at a moment's notice next free agency. Those kind of factors can scare away a lot of teams. (These factors are also quite close that surrounded the KP trade). 

THJ fits Oladipo's role quite seamlessly. He's a solid scorer and can be a 2nd-3rd option for Indy. Wright and Jackson also aren't as much dead weight as we make them out to be (ok Jackson might be). But Indy could use another guard to play off off Brogdon, especially one that can come off the bench and provide good minutes. Jackson is more or less a flier. They also get 2 picks which is more than what most teams would give up for Dipo imo. Finally the contract situation also helps the Pacers. Wright is locked up to a reasonable deal. THJ and Jackson would be expiring. Indy could free up plenty of space. 

Didn't mean to rant but my overarching theme is that I think Indy could have use with Wright and THJ. And considering the risks with Dipo, those are some solid return pieces.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by SleepingHero - 09-28-2020, 02:57 PM