Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 05:42 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://theathletic.com/2084736/2020/09/...it-survey/

VOTE!

Man, filling some pages up today. Interesting.
The results...

https://theathletic.com/2096979/2020/09/...xt-season/

"The poetic nature of whoever wrote, “The Beal tolls,” deserves to be appreciated here."
Yep, that was me...

[b]What would a successful Mavericks offseason look like for you?[/b]
For the only open-ended question, I’ll just summarize what I saw while looking through the answers. At least half, if not two-thirds of you focused on the acquisition of a new veteran wing. Most suggested that he be a 3-and-D player; those who didn’t often mentioned defense explicitly or an “enforcer” to protect Luka Doncic. Some suggested using the team’s two draft picks on additional wing players. (Saddiq Bey’s name was mentioned.) Some were comfortable with “low-end depth” to continue saving money for 2021. The very first respondent simply said, “Giannis,” which was an answer I enjoyed. Someone else said, “Get Rudy Gobert,” which doesn’t seem possible nor necessary. While many comments also mentioned an additional ballhandler, I only saw a few asking only for that. The comments were usually something like, “Draft wing prospect, sign secondary playmaker,” or simply, “3-and-D wing, secondary ball handler.” Everyone understands this team’s needs, even if the prior question shows one is given more priority than the other. (Rightly so.)
To the person who said, “Tim Cato gets 30k followers and dirk,” does that mean Dirk follows me? Or I get my own personal Dirk? Unsure. Likewise, I think there are human ethics concerns about cloning Michael Finley, as someone else suggested, but I like the creative thinking. The poetic nature of whoever wrote, “The Beal tolls,” deserves to be appreciated here. “Sign Boban to lifetime contract,” was the most correct comment received. And whoever mentioned, “Get a few hammers,” clearly is just a huge Home Depot fan.
I liked the comment that simply said, “No headlines, recuperate.” This team should acquire another player or two, but it would be better and dangerous even with the exact same roster next year. A quiet offseason wouldn’t ruin this team’s long-term plans, which are more secure than ever.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Hypermav - 09-28-2020, 12:47 PM