Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-28-2020, 09:54 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: He is going to get traded.

I wouldn't be too sure. Hayward, while overpaid, is still a pretty freaking good player. And if Boston were to trade him, it'd be pennies on the dollar considering his contract. The only reason why they would trade him is if they were trying to get a replacement and needed the cap space. Is Jerami Grant that dude? Maybe. 

Of the teams that would actually trade for Hayward, I think the list is pretty small. He falls into a niche role where he isn't quite good enough now to lead a team to the playoffs on his own. And doesn't have the marketability to sell tickets by himself. But his contract is paying him to be that level of player. That's why I can't see a team like the Knicks trading for Hayward. Only playoff teams should be interested, but probably don't want to match contracts and give up any core rotation pieces.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by SleepingHero - 09-28-2020, 11:58 AM