Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-28-2020, 10:04 AM)omahen Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 09:54 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Hayward is another guy ppl think is overpaid but he's a couple of years removed from that gruesome injury now and is still a good player.

People think he is overpaid??? He is overpaid and that is a fact. He is a good player but not 34 mil good, more like 20 mil per good, max. This is why it is totally logical he will opt in and not follow "your advice" and make up that money on the open market. Because that money is simply not there. I am sure Boston will try to improve but he will be moved only if very good players are coming to Boston.

The market decides who is overpaid and who isn't. I think he could at least get a 1 yr deal at big money if he really wanted to. We will see if he does indeed opt-in or not. He could also be calculating that it's good to take the for-sure 1 yr deal and wait until next season when there is more money to spend. I don't think 34 is too high, he would be many teams first or second best player. We had guys like PatBev and Bobby Portis getting 15 mil/yr so ya I don't think he's overpaid in this market. Not saying I would want the Mavs to get him or anything.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-28-2020, 10:09 AM