Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Honestly Harrell's offensive versatility more than makes up for his defensive deficiencies. He's also a fantastic energy dude. A guy that can rally the entire team with his constant cheering. 

With that said, he shouldn't be even top 50 in priorities this summer. He really doesn't bring anything more individually that the Mavs center by committee doesn't already have, and he is going to cost anywhere from 8-16 a year. And if the Mavs are going to choose to take on a long term contract, there are better options than Trez.

However, my interest does pique if the Mavs find a way to offload Powell and replace him with Harrell. Then this rumor and line of thinking starts to fall a bit better in line. Harrell is just elite of a roll man as Powell is (82nd percentile vs. 87th percentile). Harrell is also a more varied scorer in the post, and is a better rebounder than Powell. 

If the Mavs could secure Harrell on a contract like Powell's and simultaneously shed Wright+Powell's contract, then not only did they get an elite bench player for peanuts, they also opened up money in the future. What a freaking coup that would be. I put the chances of the Clips making such a deal as unlikely. Unless they really value another playmaker in Wright and view Powell as a suitable Harrell replacement I can't see the Mavs making off like bandits.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by SleepingHero - 09-27-2020, 04:04 PM