Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-27-2020, 09:08 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: Saw someone on reddit saying this:

"Im pretty sure Cuban and the Mavs did some forward planning with a company that big.

2023 is a big pivotal year for the Mavs. Carlisle's contract is up for renewal during that year. KP's big max contract has a player option in 2023. Powell, Curry and Maxi all come off the books during that year as well. So technically the Mavs have up until then to figure it out, and if not they can always scrap everyone except Luka and start over.

I'm sure there will be superstars who will take 1+1 deals in 2021 which will make them FAs in 2023 again. But as of today, both Jokic and Embiid are UFA in 2023. if KP cant play 82 games by then, I would like to think the organization might prefer to go a different route. Maybe take one of those two centers, and still have space for one more max.

Luka and Jokic on the same team would be Harlem Globetrotter levels of passing. You need to add some defense there though. These two have been good friends even before the NBA bubble too."

By that line of thinking, a 3 year S&T and 3 year MLE (say a 26 year old big and a 23 YO wing defender) and a 3 year first round draft pick and a 3 year partial MLE to #31 would make a lot of sense.  Powell, Maxi and Curry will be getting along in age by the time Plan Joker is ready to implement.

(09-27-2020, 10:02 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ok, so I just watched a Harrell highlight video from the regular season. Skinny, in shape Harrell is better than fat, can barely move Harrell, like in the playoffs. I guess. 

Still, all of his points come on dunks, and he can barely reach the rim. 

The numbers seem to say that he's an effective player, and he's very young, but...I don't know what it is, I'm just having trouble getting excited about this one.

If they do this, at least half of this guy's salary needs to be tied up in "treadmill time" bonuses.

So, you are softening up a little.  Hmmm.  OK, try this...  Watch especially the sections where he's playing in the summer and the parts where they talk about him working on his game.  There is more to his O than we presume.  He also comes across as much more of a success story than the "white boy" incident would have us believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DTyLdS-Ea4
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by DanSchwartzgan - 09-27-2020, 10:02 AM