Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-26-2020, 07:48 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 06:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I hate it. My hate for it is visceral, all encompassing and goes on without end, farther than any eye could hope to see.

So, not Plan A for you?

Harrell is a Rich Paul guy and I can’t recall us having a Rich Paul guy other than the time Noel switched to Paul.  That doesn’t preclude it necessarily.  

I don’t think we will enter the season with KP, Maxi, Powell and Boban as our only bigs.  I wasn’t expecting us to spend $15mm on a big, but I expect us to have something more (even if it is WCS).  I’m not a believer in the idea that we have to play 5 out all the time or that KP has to play C.  We need to be able to put several different looks out there.  Harrell isn’t as good on the perimeter as Powell or Maxi, but he’s a very good interior defender.  He also has a post game that no current Mav has.  Just another way to score when you need a bucket.  I do wonder how we guard the perimeter if KP and Harrell are in together.  But, an offense of KP, Harrell, DFS, THJ and Luka will be impossible to stop.

LAC is a team that could actually use Wright.  If the cost of someone as productive as Harrell is just Wright (or Wright and Willie), I’m in.  We still have out picks and MLE.  I’d want to try to ship Jackson and one of our picks to Cleveland for Cedi and retain the other pick.  Fills out the top 10 on the roster with a bench of Maxi, Powell, Cedi, Curry and Brunson.  I get that a Harrell/Cedi/Pick probably isn’t at the top of most people’s lists, but it is improvement and it is certainly depth.
Pretty much this. If we can get an asset for nearly free we should always look into it. This would be one way of doing it. Use 18 to get another player. Then sign someone with the MLE. We need to make our assets go far this offseason. More about getting the best talent in and then let Rick decide who does what. Maybe we feel Harrell is coachable? Doc didn’t do much of that. Still not one of the best options

Might be just doing rich paul a favor. OG just signed with him and sign me up for a max of that
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-26-2020, 09:25 PM