Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-26-2020, 11:21 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: They also need someone with the quarterbacking ability to run the team in Luka's absence with very good defense.

That's true. If I'm the Mavs, I'm looking for a guard who:
  • Flourishes off ball when playing with Luka. Catch and shoot should be lethal. Should be able to drive and dish in situations where good teams are taking Luka out of the play. (against bad teams, Luka can always find a shooter out of a double, but in the playoffs, one pass won't always work)
  • Can run the team at a high level by playing on ball when paired with Curry.  
  • Plays hard and intelligently on defense. 
Bonus points if he's one of the rare NBA defensive "stoppers" but imo, the combination of all three of those attributes is more important than elite ability at any one of them. 

Curry can do the first (at least the shooting part), Brunson can do the second, and you could convince me that either are capable of the third, but imo the ideal starter next to Luka should be able to do it all.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-26-2020, 11:50 AM