Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-25-2020, 11:27 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: DAL in: Conley, O'Neale, 2020 UTA 1st (#23)
DAL out: Hardaway, Wright, Jackson, 2020 DAL 1st (#18), 2020 DAL 2nd (#31)

UTA in: Hardaway, Wright, Jackson, 2020 DAL 1st (#18), 2020 GSW 2nd (#31)
UTA out: Conley, O'Neale, 2020 UTA 1st (#23)

Why? Conley and O'Neale give Dallas some tools they need in the roster. With how they performed in the playoffs, I feel they would fit nicely with Doncic's wide-open looks. Conley brings another shot creator and can handle the ball to relieve Doncic a little. Royce would be the other 3&D guy next to DFS in the frontcourt. They move back a little in the draft and go safe with Bey's defense. Sign Burke to the min and get a wing defender (preferably someone that would take on guards, since Bey would be on the forwards) with the MLE and they have a good shot of going deep. Doesn't take us out of '21 FA since Conley's 35M would come off the books.

Doncic/Brunson/Burke (min)
Conley/Curry/Lee (min)
O'Neale/MLE
Finney-Smith/T. Bey (#23)/Powell
Porzingis/Kleber/Boban/WCS (PO)

I think Player Options are after the draft (Hardaway/Conley), so I'm kinda screwed there. What are your thoughts?
I like something like this maybe more at the trade deadline. If we have a couple guys underperforming and a change is needed i could see something like this. Without the picks though, maybe a few 2nd’s and whoever we pick at 31

Don’t think Utah would take that right now. They’re one of the few CP3 teams that makes sense too. If they trade conley i bet it’s a major upgrade
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-25-2020, 01:49 PM