Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-25-2020, 11:27 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: DAL in: Conley, O'Neale, 2020 UTA 1st (#23)
DAL out: Hardaway, Wright, Jackson, 2020 DAL 1st (#18), 2020 DAL 2nd (#31)

UTA in: Hardaway, Wright, Jackson, 2020 DAL 1st (#18), 2020 GSW 2nd (#31)
UTA out: Conley, O'Neale, 2020 UTA 1st (#23)

Why? Conley and O'Neale give Dallas some tools they need in the roster. With how they performed in the playoffs, I feel they would fit nicely with Doncic's wide-open looks. Conley brings another shot creator and can handle the ball to relieve Doncic a little. Royce would be the other 3&D guy next to DFS in the frontcourt. They move back a little in the draft and go safe with Bey's defense. Sign Burke to the min and get a wing defender (preferably someone that would take on guards, since Bey would be on the forwards) with the MLE and they have a good shot of going deep. Doesn't take us out of '21 FA since Conley's 35M would come off the books.

Doncic/Brunson/Burke (min)
Conley/Curry/Lee (min)
O'Neale/MLE
Finney-Smith/T. Bey (#23)/Powell
Porzingis/Kleber/Boban/WCS (PO)

I think Player Options are after the draft (Hardaway/Conley), so I'm kinda screwed there. What are your thoughts?

The PO's are an issue, but so is O'Neale who is not trade-able until the new season...veteran extension at a pretty reasonable price.  Simple solution...wait until the new season and leave out the picks.  They don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things.

I like O'Neale on this team...a lot.  Conley isn't long term, but he does help in some ways THJ doesn't and hits outside shots at a high rate...better in the corner than above the break.  You are basically getting O'Neale for eating about $15mm in salary on the spread between THJ (who would fit well in Utah if they just admit Mitchell is their PG).  Clarkson can stay as the third guard as they can now afford him better.  Conley is also a large expiring deal at the TDL.  I kind of like this.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by DanSchwartzgan - 09-25-2020, 12:36 PM