Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-25-2020, 07:49 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 03:59 AM)omahen Wrote: What did he do to create such hype?

A small sample size combined with fans desperate to improve the DAL starting lineup. Smile

I like the player a lot, but not because I think he's a star or anything. I just think he's the TYPE of player the Mavs need to complete a DFS/KP front court. He has a different body than either of them, plays hard on defense, can hit open 3's, and seems to be a better driver than either of them. Perfect fit, imo. 

When we started talking about him, the hypothetical offered was that he was a potential MLE target. I AM interested in him under that set of circumstances. If that's not the case, and he's going to get significantly more money than that from Denver or some other team, then I think you need to look elsewhere. It's possible he could be someone's third option, but I don't view it as a certainty that he lives up to that, even if he ends up getting paid that way. If I'm Denver and I KNOW how he fits with my team because I've seen it, maybe I feel better about that risk, but I can't get there from the perspective of another team, including the Mavs. 

At some point, the salary turns something exciting into Tobias Harris, or worse, really, because I think it's easier to envision what Harris would look like here to more of a certainty.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-25-2020, 08:22 AM