Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-24-2020, 09:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 09:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 09:30 PM)fifteenth Wrote: post 2011 plan powder was an abomination of a team building strategy

My other big argument with you and others was that I fiercely defended the Odom acquisition and the release of Tyson (based on the salary he was asking). 

I am still fine that the Mavs went "plan powder" as I do believe they had promises (or leads) from Deron and Dwight's agents. 

Just because you fail at something doesn't always mean it is "wrong." I still defend the logic of those decisions based on the AVAILABLE knowledge at the time. I do NOT defend not trading Marion. The evidence at the time said it was time to move him along.

Bad predictions or misjudging a player. I think most of us had similar bad takes.
I was pro Rondo trade. Really thought he was the missing piece for one last run with Dirk.
Same here. Didn’t know what a P.O.S. Rondo was at the most fundamental level. He is worse than Wade or Odom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-24-2020, 09:48 PM