Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-24-2020, 09:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 15th admits that  Shawn Marion was great

Fif LOVES Marion. 

The back story is that he and I were in an endless fight that started about 8 years ago and continued for the last three years of Marion's career. 

My stance:

1) Marion was a basically lazy and negative defender in the regular season his WHOLE time with the Mavs, hurting them most of the time and in some massive ways at times.

2) Marion was a GREAT defender for the 2010, 2011, 2012 playoff runs. No argument there.

3) After the 2012 playoffs he was a TOTAL disaster and was getting in the way of the Mavs moving forward as a franchise. 

4) I was arguing that the Mavs would have had one more run with Dirk if Marion would have been traded.

I was then vindicated with his disastrous last season in CLE and then retirement. He was totally washed up as I had been saying. The Mavs were loyal to him when they should have been loyal to others (like Tyson).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Kammrath - 09-24-2020, 09:27 PM