Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-24-2020, 04:13 PM)omahen Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 03:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Simmons, whose value is more tied to having the ball than anyone else I can think of

I don't think so. Simmons is like Giannis. He is great in the fast break, but he shouldn't be running the halfcourt offense, as long as he doesn't want to shoot it. It is just so easy to defend him without a shot. Even easier than Giannis. So I see a very good match with Paul. Simmons pushing the fastbreak and Paul running halfcourt offense with Simmons playing a post up or PnR with him.

Ok, I can see it. But, can Simmons? I didn't watch Philly in the playoffs last year (wish I would have) but I've heard Butler and Reddick talk about how they got to the playoffs, and all of a sudden Brown took the ball away from Simmons and ran everything through Butler. Butler's point was along the lines of "it was the right decision, but I don't blame Ben for being upset. It wasn't how we played all year." (paraphrasing, not a direct quote)

Maybe you're right, because I agree that the shooting is the issue there. I just think the dude is a lot like Luka, Kidd, etc, when it comes to basketball IQ, and it seems like a crime to give up on that part of his game. Even if it is the right thing to do for the team, I wonder if he'd be on board with it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-24-2020, 04:21 PM