Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-24-2020, 04:02 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: We severely underestimate the ability to move overpaid, talented players. Harris is a guy everyone shits on but I think you could trade him in heartbeat bc he's a good player and there simply aren't enough of them. We already take for granted that CP3 will be traded and fetch a return this summer. That's simply amazing. This was the absolute worst contract in the NBA last offseason, everyone agreed. Now the Sixers, Knicks & Bucks are all vying for his services. Meanwhile Presti is laughing hysterically as he keeps turning contract dumps into gems.

Just think of all the rosters that are a total mess. At worst you could move Harris for nothing if you were really just wanting to unload his money but the Sixers need to get better. I am not sure they will be able to upgrade him. Horford is a guy I am 90% sure that will get moved. Doesn't matter that he's overpaid. I expect the Sixers to make at least 1 or 2 good moves and that doesn't include trading Richardson away for a rookie that isn't going to help them win a championship or a lateral move like Kennard or anything like that.

There's a lot here I don't agree with, detail wise, but I don't disagree with your overall point, and I'm definitely not trying to insert myself in any argument about a specific, hypothetical trade for Richardson. 

I think trading big money is possible, but not easy. And, I don't think Chris Paul's contract was ever even close to the worst in the league, just one of the biggest. Off the top of my head, there's a guy in Washington whose super max extension pretty much just kicked in who hasn't played in so long that Wizards fans can't remember what he looks like. 

I agree that Harris is a good player. I agree that some team might see him as a value and trade for him. But unfortunately, with that contract, KP's contract and Luka's extension on the horizon, acquiring him WOULD limit what they were able to do from there  on, so it's just not a move I'd make unless I thought he was THE missing piece, which I don't.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-24-2020, 04:10 PM