Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-24-2020, 03:36 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Not sure why we can't put this to bed but ya Schroder for 18 is a lot more realistic than Richardson. I will concede that Schroder had a great year so someone could really make a great offer, just remember that everyone knows OKC is in sell-off mode so that lowers their returns.

Richardson is just too good a player to get for 18. He is a very good starting SG. Schroder has been pigeon-holed as a 6th man the last couple years in OKC. I just see Richardson's value as much higher than 18, especially for a team that needs to get better. The Sixers don't need to trade him at all if they aren't getting better and I can't imagine them giving up Richardson to get CP3. That would be the wrong move to make. They are much more likely to move Horford & Harris before they move Richardson.

I could be wrong, but I think 18 for Schroeder (regardless of the salary matching ballast) would be accepted by Presti with enthusiasm, provided there was a player on the board he liked. I'd guess they might even accept something less than that, but if the Mavs like him, I don't think it would be a ripoff. 

You really like Richardson, and you might be right, but he also might not be as well thought of as you think. There's no way for us to know. Either way, I totally agree that they have bigger Fish to fry as far as making their roster over. I don't think they're considering whether or not to move Horford & Harris, I think they're having group prayers over Zoom during which they pray they'll miraculously be ABLE to move them. Honestly, if I'm that GM, I'm shopping Embiid and just building around Simmons. Embiid has all the talent in the world, and should be the best player in the league, but no work ethic. Since they only changed coaches and not GM's, I suppose that's not the plan. 

Since you brought up Tobias Harris, I think he's a good example of why I'm not on team "DO SOMETHING." The following statements are all undeniably true:
  • He is a veteran who could help you in a leadership role.
  • He has one of the body types and skill sets the Mavs are lacking, as currently constructed.
  • He is an established "starter" and would fit pretty nicely in the Mavs' lineup (right were Kleber started in the playoffs)
  • He IS 100% available, and the Mavs could way get him with the assets available. 
  • He would improve the team. 
Now, would anyone be excited about that? There's a "starter" for you. Are you contending now? Personally, I think part of me would die if that's the move. Call me crazy, but I think I'd prefer to strike out on Giannis over that. If their goal is to "do something" then I think they might be on a one-way collision course with Harris or someone just like him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-24-2020, 03:52 PM