Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-24-2020, 01:46 PM)Jason Terry Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 12:49 PM)omahen Wrote: To summarize. Wright+Jackson+#18 (throw in a future second rounder or two if needed) can have a competition, but it is not unrealistic to make it happen.

(09-24-2020, 12:47 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Never say never.

So Wright+18 for Richardson (if he gets moved to another team) is "a fantasy" while same crap for a much better player is "never say never"? Smile
All the biggest trades these days are wild trades involving 3-4 teams. GS is interesting because they 1) have the 2nd pick and are in win now mode 2) want to trade wiggins 3) have the biggest trade exception out there at over 17 million...........we already know Philly and OKC are making moves, i could see us getting involved in something like this:

Philly: CP3

Dallas: Richardson 

GS: Horford, Schroeder, 18, OKC’s Denver 1st, Philly 1st

OKC: #2 pick, Philly future 1st, Wiggins, Scott, Wright 

It would need to be 2 separate trades but something like that would make all these teams better

Not sure why we can't put this to bed but ya Schroder for 18 is a lot more realistic than Richardson. I will concede that Schroder had a great year so someone could really make a great offer, just remember that everyone knows OKC is in sell-off mode so that lowers their returns.

Richardson is just too good a player to get for 18. He is a very good starting SG. Schroder has been pigeon-holed as a 6th man the last couple years in OKC. I just see Richardson's value as much higher than 18, especially for a team that needs to get better. The Sixers don't need to trade him at all if they aren't getting better and I can't imagine them giving up Richardson to get CP3. That would be the wrong move to make. They are much more likely to move Horford & Harris before they move Richardson.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-24-2020, 03:36 PM