Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I mean, I would argue that Powell is a WAY better player than Harrell. At least, than the version we saw in the bubble. 

How many times did we see him end up with the ball just past the free throw line, only to see that the Dallas big had backed off to the point where he was literally standing under the basket? Did he ever even attempt to shoot in that situation? I don't remember it, if he did, but I do remember about 7 occasions when he dribbled right at the Mavs' big and forced up some short range attempt that missed wildly. 

It's like they were trying to use him the way Miami uses Bam, only Bam can shoot! In some cases, Bam can even get around someone who's worried about his shooting. When the ball finds a passer you don't have to guard, you've essentially willingly put yourself in a situation where you're playing 4 on 5. The goal is to create 4 on 3 situations, so that's the wrong direction.  

If Harrell had some positive effect on the series defensively, I didn't see it. Maybe @"Kammrath"'s computer did, but I came away from the series thinking Harrell was one of the main reasons Dallas was able to be as competitive as they were.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-24-2020, 03:35 PM