Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-24-2020, 12:49 PM)omahen Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 12:12 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'd be very happy with Schroder, but can't see OKC giving him up cheap. Presti... (shudder)

In my opinion, if OKC is rebuilding full time, Schroeder will be moved for sure. Young players with upside and picks are the only thing interesting. So what package can they get? Looking at draft order and teams with higher picks. I will disregard some wild scenarios where GSW offers #2 for Schroeder and a couple of OKC picks. 

1. I think picks 1-9 are too valuable to trade for an expiring guy and I only see one team as having interest in expiring Schroeder. Chicago could use him and they could build the offer around younger players like Markanen or Carter. Felicio as salary match. OKC should have no problem sending a pick back.

2. First team that would make sense to trade 2020 pick for Schroeder would be Phoenix at 10. Since they have cap space I think something like Kaminsky + #10 works. They wouldn't even need to renounce Saric. But I guess they could also do better with #10. Schroeder is an expensive bench guard and possible one year rental. They already have one in Oubre.

3. San Antonio, Sacramento and Boston don't make sense to trade for him.

4. NOLA at #13 could flip Ball for him, although younger assets/picks should be more attractive for them.

5. Orlando could really need him. They have #15. Ross+#15? Aminu+Bamba? Aminu+Birch+15? But does it really make sense to throw away a decent pick for him in their position? It is not like they are one Schroeder away from contending and their season will be sad with Isaac out anyway. I would do a GSW tank in their place. Trade Gordon for assets. Give Fultz another season of top minutes in hope he does a full come back. Play Okeke and #15 minutes heavy minutes. Than you can get a high pick in 2021, Isaac back and perhaps a foundation for something good.

6. I have a hard time seeing Portland or Minny going after him. The rest of the teams have worst picks and we can match any seconds being thrown in. I don't believe anyone would pay two firsts for such an expiring contract.

7. Contenders that really need a good PG are Clippers (no fist rounder), Philly (21) and Milwaukee (24). I guess Shamet is better than #18, but which contract can Clippers add? McGruder+Green? Can OKC see Bledsoe and his contract as good value? Or perhaps Ilyasova+Wilson+DiVinzenzo? Philly could realistically only do this trade if Richardson or Horford are going to OKC. None of it seems realistic.

To summarize. Wright+Jackson+#18 (throw in a future second rounder or two if needed) can have a competition, but it is not unrealistic to make it happen.

(09-24-2020, 12:47 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Never say never.

So Wright+18 for Richardson (if he gets moved to another team) is "a fantasy" while same crap for a much better player is "never say never"? Smile
All the biggest trades these days are wild trades involving 3-4 teams. GS is interesting because they 1) have the 2nd pick and are in win now mode 2) want to trade wiggins 3) have the biggest trade exception out there at over 17 million...........we already know Philly and OKC are making moves, i could see us getting involved in something like this:

Philly: CP3

Dallas: Richardson 

GS: Horford, Schroeder, 18, OKC’s Denver 1st, Philly 1st

OKC: #2 pick, Philly future 1st, Wiggins, Scott, Wright 

It would need to be 2 separate trades but something like that would make all these teams better
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-24-2020, 01:46 PM