Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Man you guys are prolific.  I'm busy for a day and 12 pages go by.  I can't keep up.

I did notice a couple of names from older discussions recycled and it made me think of a new possibility...Plan Powder 2022.  What is going to be the thing teams want off of now and at the TDL?  Money longer than 2021.  It will be the "buy low" part of the marketplace.

Trade for Gordon...UFA in 2022.  Sign DJJ to the MLE with two years guaranteed...UFA in 2022.  Trade THJ's expiring 2021 for an expiring 2022.  Maxi is non-guaranteed in 2022.  Luka has a $25mm cap hold.  KP is $34mm and you have one year commitments to Powell and Seth.  Committed salary is about $78mm.  Add to that cap holds on Brunson and DFS totaling about $11mm and the hold(s) on whoever you bring in (in this example Gordon and DJJ) and you have rights to good players and flexibility.  

The other thing about contracts that expire in 2022 is they are expiring deals in 2021 and useful in a trade for Giannis.   

See you in a day or two.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by DanSchwartzgan - 09-23-2020, 01:19 PM