Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-23-2020, 11:13 AM)omahen Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 10:44 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: With no 2019 cap space there was never gonna be KP in Mavs jersey. 

And why is that? I don't understand

(09-23-2020, 11:02 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Giannis

This makes me irritated Smile Giannis chances are so low, that it is just silly to build the strategy on 2021 cap space. Build best team possible and forget cap space problem. If he actually wants to come, clear cap space for as much as it will be missing. 

Important part of being an attractive destination for Giannis is also showing a clear step forward from this season. Can we really be sure that is possible without serious reinforcements? Curry, Maxi, DFS, THJ, Luka all had career years. How much better can they be? Is it possible they take a step back? West will be absolutely brutal next year so it is possible for Mavs to miss the playoffs. Will they still be (so) attractive for Giannis as you think they are now?
Not so sure of your playoff picture assessment for next year. Looking at the Southwest division I see Houston being a year older and worse. San Antonio was a near playoff team and is about to enter a rebuild. I’m not scared of an improved Memphis or New Orleans. 

Lakers, Nuggets, Jazz will be good with largely the same team as this year. Warriors will be back

Clippers will be very limited and reports are they will let Harrell walk. Who knows what happens with them. OKC likely rebuilding for real this offseason. Minnesota and Sacramento won’t amount to anything. The only real west team i see as possibly taking the next step is Phoenix, but thankfully we now have playoff experience and they do not. 

We will be a top 4 seed next year barring a major Luka injury. It’s the East that has all the cap space. NYK, Miami, Detroit, Charlotte, Atlanta have all the space. I think we see a more even dispersal of talent than we’ve seen in awhile
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-23-2020, 12:08 PM