Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-23-2020, 12:42 AM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Moves this off-season are TRICKY.
Mavs are hard-capped to about $10 million of additional salary before the draft and can't really sweeten a deal with #18.

After the draft the Mavs can't trade a pick until 2025.

That said I am not opposed to uniting Tobi, Bobi, and The Don if it can be done advantageously.

Can Hardaway and Wright get you close to Harris on a salary dump of Nuclear Winter proportions?

BTW Burke on a 120% of Vet Minimum might be a chance if other teams spend the MLE on bigger fish or go into cost saving mode.

Hopefully it means we treat the draft like something actually worth investing in. It seems to be like a good year not to have a high pick with a super weak top end, but perhaps pretty good depth (particularly of the type of role players we really need). I wonder if we could trade a future second to move up with 31 and somehow nab both Bey and Lewis Jnr.

(09-23-2020, 02:32 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: Quite a few guys on here love Otto Porter...interesting

I still stand by my statement that the best fit and highest upside player to target is Aaron Gordon

He is Jeramy Grant on steroids

Check out these highlights of Gordon vs. the Lakers. If this does not make you want this kid then im sorry.

He still has not reached his ceiling as a player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZL5o72XWRI
I like it. I genuinely believe the system we play (and Luka), elevates certain players shooting stats. You put Gordon on a team where he isn't relied on to be anything other than a 3rd option slasher and spot up shooter, and he can be a 2 way beast IMO. He just can't play the way the offensively challenged Magic want him to as a primary wing creator.

I also love OPJ the player, but I definitely do not love his injury record. If he can have a healthy season, he'd be a pretty good FA option though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Dundalis - 09-23-2020, 04:39 AM