Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 04:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"Kammrath" Your gif game is even better than your stats game. I need to get on your level.

I LOL'ed at the dog gif.

(09-22-2020, 04:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm currently listening to Duncan and Hollinger drool over the prospect of Derrick Jones Jr in Dallas.

Thoughts?

That would be great, but how do they propose it happen? Miami isn't going to want to lose him.

(09-22-2020, 04:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 04:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Your gif game is even better than your stats game. I need to get on your level.

Ha, thanks.

But back to THJ. When I was expressing my angst about him earlier, I forgot to mention the playoffs. Note, it is DANGEROUS to draw many conclusions from a 6 game sample (and that is what the playoffs were for the Mavs), but THJ's shooting dropped 4% from three to 35% and his on/off just plummeted. It is the same thing that happened in 18-19 in his first stint with the Mavs. It feels like THJ has to shoot like 40% from three to break even as a player. It terrifies me to bet on that.

Send this to the MBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kamm, I'm glad to have you with me on the "get rid of THJ" wagon. Glad I'm not crazy. Hope we don't both (as KL says) have to prepare for disappointment.

(09-22-2020, 04:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 04:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Derrick Jones Jr in Dallas

I like him as a project but he better be CHEAP. He is getting played off the floor in the playoffs and was the worst DRating on MIA this season of the regulars. He was -3.5 defensively. AND he cannot shoot the three.

I think he has potential, but he does not fix anything in the short term. I would rather have Frank.

Whoa.

https://tenor.com/YDqV.gif

(09-22-2020, 04:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 04:05 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: I guess i just don’t think KP will be asked to do much creating last 5 min. I want the ball in Luka’s hands the whole time.

Yeah, I want that, too, but as we've seen, a good team can figure out how to get the ball out of Luka's hands when they have to. Doesn't matter how good Luka and Harden are, if nobody else on the team is competent to drive the boat when they need to.

This whole conversation is based on my feeling that multiple playmakers down the stretch against a great defense is becoming necessary. All of the remaining playoff teams have that.

It's ok if you disagree, but please understand that it's not coming from a place of me being unhappy with what they're doing that is already successful. I am not dogging KP, for example.

Co-sign.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-22-2020, 04:43 PM