Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 04:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It was only until Boston showed up in the 12th hour and offered Kemba a similar level of competitiveness with a more established team did that plan die. But shit happens. I never would've thought Boston would've given up on Al Horford so easily.

Which is yet another proof how plan powder is just not working for most of the time. Boston didn't have cap space and no one thought they would be a player. Did Mavs really had no other way to add Kemba (like dumping Lee with picks for nothing) after they signed Warren. I don't remember the numbers anymore, but Lee had a similar contract as Warren. Boston actually didn't even need to have the cap space, because they executed the SnT.

This Warren deal is a good example why I don't think plan have it both ways is realistic. This kind of opportunity appears from nowhere and you have to act to take it. Just like KP trade appeared. You either say yes or no. If you say no, your strategy is plan powder. But than you have to deliver the plan powder result! It can't be - oh, someone else jumped in and ruined my plan...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by omahen - 09-22-2020, 04:24 PM