Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 02:39 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think that´s exactly how the MBT thinks but I disagree. You don´t need to have expiring contracts or capspace in 2021 to sign a  max player. Are the Mavs afraid of a potential bad signing that is difficult to move next year? If that´s the case they are admiting a lack of trust in their own abilities.
That approach has been one of the main reasons (combined with a lack of interest in draft picks) why the Mavs suffered from a lack of assets in post championship era.

I don't think you're wrong about the Mavs completely underestimating other teams' abilities to dump contracts. Fish's "nuclear winter" angle turned out to be laughably stupid. I'm with you. 

But, I do think there is a point where the contracts become prohibitive. And, many of those teams you're thinking of had to do painful things, like attach picks to deals in order to dump those contracts.  I think the answer is in the middle, and I don't think there's anything wrong with proceeding cautiously, provided you're not standing still and the team is getting better.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-22-2020, 02:45 PM