Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 01:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Dude, I'm not saying he's better than those players, I'm saying he's better at doing certain things than those players. They happen to be things that this team desperately needs. If they had a bunch of ball handlers and no space for them to work, I'd be looking for dudes just like Curry and THJ. 

I AM saying that what he did in THIS SERIES was better than I've ever seen Brunson play, and Brunson/Barea were the only two players on the roster previously who had any chance of playing that role. They were so starved for the combination of dribble penetration and smart playmaking (again, other than Luka) that Carlisle gave Delon Wright like a million chances to take the job. 

I do agree that recency bias plays a part in the discussion.
I guess my real point is: why is anything offensive related a top priority for us at all? I get that anyone we bring in needs to be able to shoot, but how do we need something “desperately” when we were the highest rated offensive team of all time?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-22-2020, 01:50 PM