Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 10:55 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Never forget: this team was ready to push all their chips in for Kemba Walker. They believe they need another playmaking ball handler on this team.

This has been my mantra the past week or so - the Mavs' single greatest offseason need is not a 3-and-D wing (although that is a very high need), but a Jrue Holiday type (not Jrue because he's too expensive).

And as we both said, pick any two of Curry, Burke, and Brunson, not three. BTW, I think you're underrating Seth's playmaking abilities, which make it all the more a Brunson vs. Burke battle. And for those who prefer Brunson over Burke, the idea of Burke is that he would make Brunson a viable trade commodity.

Someone suggested drafting Kira Lewis as a backup point guard. If I'm the Mavs, if I keep 18, I go for a guy I think can fit starting in a year or two (at the latest), not someone who is permanently going to come off the bench on a Luka-run team. The only exception would be if the Mavs think that Aleksej is a future star.

(09-22-2020, 12:03 PM)omahen Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 12:00 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So you are still not going to get Richardson in that deal. Dallas sending out only 18 + Wright is not going to net Richardson, period. You can disagree which is fine. I don't see why Detroit just sends Philly for nothing. Nothing in that trade makes sense as its completely 1-sided towards Dallas. It's just not going to happen.

A while ago you proposed Wright+Jackson+18 for Schroeder trade and Schroeder had much better season than JRich. On both sides of the floor.

I bet you that if Richardson gets traded to Detroit or OKC, he will be moved for pick(s). No reason for them to keep him or for him to stick around with a rebuilding team. He is too good for that. Who is a salary filler in this kind of trade is irrelevant.

(09-22-2020, 12:00 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't see why Detroit just sends Philly Kennard for nothing.

Nothing? They get #18 pick

Not sure why, but for some reason Omahen's rejoinder reminded me of "Green card? I'm from East LA."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-22-2020, 12:30 PM